Washington, D.C. — Nearly every element of modern life depends on reliable electricity. Expanding and modernizing the U.S. grid is vital to:
- Improve electric reliability, particularly in the face of extreme weather.
- Preserve national security by making targeted attacks on the grid harder to execute.
- Reduce household energy costs.
- Allow new clean energy resources to come online.
- Address environmental justice concerns by replacing polluting power plants with clean energy.
- Create millions of high-quality jobs.